The renovation of Lexington Center will include expanding existing space and new construction. Doubling space for exhibitions, adding a new ballroom and meeting rooms will add approximately 100,000 square feet to the facility. The design will eliminate existing inefficiencies that make it difficult for Rupp Arena and Lexington Center to hold separate events at the same time. In both projects, the design seeks to create a more dynamic and transparent connection between the events taking place inside and the City of Lexington.
Convention center facts:
- Built in 1976
- Enlarged in 1995 and 2004
- 66,000 current square footage of exhibition space
- 40,000 square feet currently available for meeting rooms and ballrooms
- 250 average annual events: conventions, trade shows, public expos and meetings
- 255,00 average yearly attendance
The convention center is operated by the Lexington Center Corporation, a not-for-profit 501c(4) corporate agency of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government. Click here for more information about Lexington Center.